[Pmwiki-users] Mod_rewrite tip

J. Perkins jason
Tue Mar 2 17:22:52 CST 2004

I spent the afternoon setting up pmwiki and mod_rewrite, and I think
I've got it working. There have been some posts recently from other
people so I thought I'd share what I found out (I've also add some
comments to the wiki page at
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/PmWiki/ChangePmWikiURL).

.htaccess should look like this:

RewriteEngine on
RewriteRule ^([A-Z].*) /path/to/pmwiki.php/$1 [L]

You need the leading "^" to only match leading uppercase letters.

Also, you don't want to change the $ScriptUrl variable, because it will
screw up all kinds of things, like the upload and mailform scripts.
Instead, change $PageUrlFmt, which controls how links to other wiki
pages look. Keep it simple:

$PageUrlFmt = '$Group/$Title_';

Hope this helps someone. You can see it in action at
http://www.sim8.com/Jason/

Thanks for a great bit of software Pm.

Jason