[Pmwiki-users] Re: %class=something% (was Re: Extending ...)

J. Perkins jason
Tue Mar 2 17:22:27 CST 2004

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> Approach #1:  A wikistyle appearing at the beginning of a line
> applies to the entire line (block), generating a <div> as needed.

I like this approach, if it is feasible. That is, a wikistyle that
appears at the start of a line, and which is not ended within the line,
becomes a <div>. Wikistyles that start and/or end within the line use a
many authors will not have any idea what they mean. If you must go that
route, consider "block" and "inline" instead.

How about allowing the "display" CSS selector? Then you could switch
styles with %display:block% or %display:inline%.

Jason