[Pmwiki-users] Re: Moving author field to the top

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Mar 2 02:05:45 CST 2004

On Mon, 1 Mar 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> I now have an implementation that requires an author name before a user
> is allowed to post, but I'm wondering what the prompt should say when
> the user presses "Save" without an author name.  Currently it simply says
> "Author name is required", but I'm wondering if it should be phrased
> differently.

First let me say that I don't think the author name should be required...

And then here's a suggestion:

Add a button which says something like "Anonymous author" which the user
can select if he wants to be anonymous, and then the "name" could show up
as "AC" (for anonymous coward :-). This should help to prevent people from
just writing random symbols in the author field.

In addition, I think the user should be notified when an author name is
required with a little warning text or something next to the author field.

/Christian