[Pmwiki-users] Moving author field to the top

Robin Sheat robin
Mon Mar 1 22:20:02 CST 2004

On Tue, Mar 02, 2004 at 04:12:04PM +1100, Nathan Jones wrote:
> Using the special comment <!--PageEditFmt--> in your template says "only
> use the following section of HTML when in edit mode". Basically, this
> section in your template defines the $PageEditFmt variable.
Oh, right. I should have known that, however it wasn't in the default
template so I didn't think of it.

Hmm. My next feature request is the ability to combine templates. eg, I
have two different templates that are very similar to each other (one
does the /Ours group, the other does everything else). Despite being
very similar, to make a change to the templates as a whole, I need to
either make the change to both or I need to make the change to one, copy
it, and re-do the differences to produce the other.

I'm wondering about the feasibility of having a master template that
defines a bunch of sections that are used unless they are overridden in
the specific templates.

More work than it's worth, or a good idea? I could always learn diff and
patch to apply the changes to different templates :)

> As far as I recall, a cookie is set on the user's browser so that each
> time she edits a page, her username is put into the Author field. It's
> not just grabbing the Author from the last edit of that page.
Thats good :)

--
Robin <robin at kallisti.net.nz>                 JabberID: <eythian at jabber.org>

Hostes alienigeni me abduxerunt. Qui annus est?

PGP Key 0x776DB663 Fingerprint=DD10 5C62 1E29 A385 9866 0853 CD38 E07A 776D B663