[Pmwiki-users] hello can i get your ideas on this

Greg Morgan Cybie
Mon Mar 1 21:20:11 CST 2004

I'm assuming you want XML-RPC versions of edit,browse, source actions...

> making uploads page specific (not all the files together like now)
Looks like Pm already figured that one out. :)

> being able to subscribe to a page or a group
I'm not 100% sure what you mean by this.  Would this be similar to
notify.php?

> create a standalone application that can:
> do remote search inside the wiki
> remotely remove pages
> remotely create pages
> remotely modifying pages
I'm assuming this is what you need XML-RPC for?
> WYSIWYG editor
There's a page in the Cookbook about implementing a WYSIWYG editor.  An idea
I had was to take the WYSIWYG HTML editor that's listed on that page and
write an HTML to PmWiki converter.  The converter would take the HTML
generated by the editor, strip out all but the most basic tags leaving only
the tags that could be created using standard markup, then convert that to
PmWiki markup.  But that's just a hack.
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/WysiwygEditor

But back to XML-RPC...  On the wiki I maintain for my day job I'm
discovering the need to be able to syncronize content between the server I
use for production and the server I use for development.  Functions for
reading and writing pages (along with functions to get a list of pages and
when they were last updated) would allow me to write an addon to syncronize
wikis..
Anyway, I created a page in the development section for work on this.
http://www.pmichaud.com/wiki/Development/XML-RPC