[Pmwiki-users] Image sizes, alt tags, and more (was: Image display resizing problem)

Nathan Jones nathanj
Mon Mar 1 20:48:05 CST 2004

Pm wrote:
>In particular, let's make use of the query string
>parameter on image URLs, which isn't commonly used (I'm not aware of
>any sites that use this).

If choosing this markup, I would hope to see an easy method to disable it
as a local customisation. While images are not usually used with query
strings, there may be exceptions. One might be a counter image that
determines what number to display based on a variable:

http://example.com/counter-service.gif?account=pmichaud

>Also, if the query string parameter is a problem, we could instead
>overload the fragment identifier in URLs (which also generally has no
>significant meaning for image URLs), thus coming up with something like:

I can think of no use for the fragment identifier with image URLs, so I
prefer this syntax.

>   http://www.pmichaud.com/toast/ptart-1c.gif#height=20#alt=Pop_Tarts

I'd stick with ampersands to delimit name/value pairs:
http://www.pmichaud.com/toast/ptart-1c.gif#height=20&alt=Pop_Tarts

--
Nathan Jones