[Pmwiki-users] Reflection on link syntax

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Wed Jun 30 16:38:01 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 30, 2004 at 04:00:41PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> I've gone back and forth on this, and ultimately chose PmWiki's
> current ordering because it's the one that most frequently occurs
> in other (wiki) markup syntaxes.  Also, while it's true that there
> are many times when people think "text, then target", there are also
> lots of times when people think "target, now text".

Ack. I often copy a link somewhere, paste it into the wiki and then
describe it. I'd also say that the link is more important than the
explanation - a descriptive text without the link is useless. The other
way round you can still go and look ;)

-- Balu