[Pmwiki-users] Re: Presentation skin and recipe

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jun 30 04:43:19 CDT 2004

On 30 Jun 2004, John Rankin wrote:

> It might be wise to consider tidying up the convention for
> start-of-line local customisations. In 1.0 there are 2 options:
>
>     [[:upper:]]:    as in Q: and A: and local customisations
>
>     =keyword        typically used for local customisations
>
> As I understand it, the proposed directive syntax is an
> in-line (character) markup rather than a block (paragraph)
> markup. (Although arguably this distinction is artificial)
>
> My 5?-worth:
> - change Q: and A: to =Q and =A (perhaps continuing to
>   support, but deprecate, Q: and A:)
>
> - promote a starting = as the convention for block-level
>   customisations (eg, [[wikilog]] becomes =wikilog and
>   [[tocauto]] becomes =tocauto)

I'm not sure I'd consider [[tocauot]] "block-level" -- to me it's simply a
directive that inserts a toc.

As for the questions/answers, I'm not quite clear. Would this:

	Q:Question: What is the meaning of life?
	=QQuestion: What is the meaning of life?
	=AAnswer: 42

which doesn't look nice to me. Or is the '=...'-directive on a line by
itself? That is, it'd look like this:

	=Q
	Question: What is the meaning of life?
	=A
	Answer: 42

Slighly better IMO, but I'd probably still prefer

	[[:Q:]]Question: What is the meaning of life?
	[[:A:]]Answer: 42

/Christian