[Pmwiki-users] Browsing Off Line (non-expiring wiki pages)

Nathan Jones pmwiki
Mon Jun 21 00:12:19 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 21, 2004 at 09:46:30AM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:
>I found this nice snipppet in the archives which makes it so the
>Wikipages (on my wiki only) won't expired.
>
>$HTTPHeaders=array(
>  "Expires: Tue, 01 Jan 2002 00:00:00 GMT",
>
>Now, I'm just wondering, what are the side-effects?

The first thing that springs to mind is that your pages will expire two
years ago... It would be nicer to have a way of saying that the expiry
date = (now + x days).

My main problem with setting an Expires heading is that it affects all
users (including people who wouldn't know to reload the page), so it's
really only suitable for small wikis where you're the main user.

What you really want is a good offline browser that will cache stuff for
you even if it not supposed to be cached. Not familiar with what software
is out there for this.

--
Nathan Jones