[Pmwiki-users] per Group Customization

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jun 18 09:09:17 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jun 18, 2004 at 04:42:50PM +0200, Knut Alboldt wrote:

> just one last question: what will happen, if I create a group named
> "config" ???

The universe will cease to exist.

Either that, or nothing special will happen--the system will see
that the config.php file has already been loaded and so won't load it
a second time (include_once).  This means that on systems with
case-insensitive filenames, a group named Config cannot have
a per-group customization file.  However, an admin can put the per-group
customizations for Config at the bottom of config.php:

   $group = FmtPageName('$Group',$pagename);
   if ($group=='Config') {
     // customizations for Config group here
   }

The problem doesn't seem serious enough to warrant any sort of fix--
indeed, any fix I've been able to come up seems to make other things
unnecessarily more complex or harder to document; i.e., not worth the
trouble (esp. when it there's a simple workaround as given above).