[Pmwiki-users] Re: hackers: Another good reason for authentication

Crisses crisses
Thu Jun 17 16:24:51 CDT 2004

Maybe, but that also won't always work, and it would have to be listed
on every page, which means it would have a regular habit.

I have someone specifically targeting me (they replied to a warning I
left on the WikiSandbox)...and I sometimes wonder if people like that
have lists and communities in which they give each other tips & tricks,
new target info, etc.  I can change how it's displayed or what the
password is, and they can reprogram their bots....

Yet another annoyance.

I will consider it though.

LOL....can put it in the header AUTH request so it pops up when people
try to edit, it will say "try 'editme'" or something.

It wouldn't surprise me if such persons joined lists like this just to
find out what we're trying to do to stop them, though.  A few recent
articles on the vulnerabilities of wikis just got us more
spammers/vandals/hackers.