[Pmwiki-users] Drop-down box for Author in Edit screen

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jun 17 14:20:37 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jun 17, 2004 at 04:06:21PM -0400, Michael_Paulukonis at divintech.com wrote:

>    I have [1]$EnablePostAuthorRequired = 1; set to, er, require Authors.
>    Users  are  cranky:  "Any  way  you  can set it up as a drop-down box,
>    perhaps?"
>    :::sigh:::  I  must  admit,  TYPING  YOUR  OWN  NAME  IN CAMEL CASE is
>    REMARKABLY COMPLEX.

Um, names don't have to be entered in the box in camel case--any ol
free link text will work.  Thus if I put my name in as "patrick michaud",
the author name gets correctly set to "PatrickMichaud" automatically.

>    Is  this  doable? It would have to populate the box (defaulting to the
>    cookie-populated   selection)   with  selections  from  all  available
>    Profiles  (excluding  Profles.RecentChanges and Profiles.Profiles, f'r
>    instance), and an option for NewProfile or Other....

Sure, it's do-able.  I'll work up something a bit later...

>    Requiring  password  authorization  and  filling  it from the password
>    prompt  is  one  answer,  but  users already have to get past IntraNet
>    authentication, so I don't want to have to add that layer.

If you already have IntraNet authentication, is that information available
to the script somehow?  (e.g., REMOTE_USER in the environment?)  If so,
you can easily use that to set the appropriate author name without
having to use a drop-down box at all.