[Pmwiki-users] <br clear="all">

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Wed Jun 16 14:31:10 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 06:39:42AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 16, 2004 at 10:26:26AM +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> > Hi there,
> >
> > is it possible to change the [[<<]] markup to not print
> > in a CSS?
>
> Why not just change the markup directly?
>
>   $InlineReplacements["/\\[\\[&lt;&lt;\\]\\]"] = "<br />";
>
> Seems a bit easier than indirection via stylesheets.  Also, I'm not
> sure that CSS has a clear equivalent to <br clear="all">.

This is what I do in my template - or this is why I have to add a
PHP file that needs to be loaded[1] instead of simply editing a tmpl +
CSS file.

In addition <br> has no attribute break in XHTML - even not in HTML
strict.

A stylesheet replacement for this could be:

E.g. have a look at
http://www.jayallen.org/journey/2003/01/xhtml_replacing_br_clearall

He describes it changing the following block level element, but it
should work with <br> too IIRC.

-- Balu
[1] Okay, I am adding other functions too, but overriding
$InlineReplacements should not be needed for templates.