[Pmwiki-users] password protection?

Dawn Green green
Tue Jun 15 09:42:56 CDT 2004

> > Is there any way of putting password-protection on the
> attached files as well?
>
> In that case you should create a .htpasswd file. Else you
> could simply bypass the wiki and download everything
> directly. A .htpasswd file usually forces the web server to prompt
> for username/password.
>
> The downside is that you can't have PmWiki's "alternate" way
> of authentication because that one stores the credentials in
> a different way.
>
> In a nutshell: read-protect everything. That way the
> occasional collector won't easily find your stuff. If it is
> sensitive matter, don't put it into a wiki at all. A wiki is about
> collaboration, not data protection.

Yes, a wiki is about collaboration however, I would like to know that some of
my files are inaccessible.  Reading this, I am wondering if there is something
I should know about protecting my pages and documents except from those who
have password access.  Is there?

Dawn
Thunder Data Systems
1008 Santa Fe