[Pmwiki-users] commenting / time-line wiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Tue Jun 15 07:51:20 CDT 2004

On Tue, Jun 15, 2004 at 08:04:15PM +1200, Robin wrote:
> > most wiki just are not a wiki yet.
> Actually, I think that a wiki is something that is quick to edit. It isn't
> expected to be a complete version-control system. Most of the use I put it to
> is for storing information that may be updated/edited over time, with little
> need to see how things were 4 months ago.
>
> That said, it's a nice option to have avaliable, it would be quite nifty to
> have all the links transformed so that you could say somewhere 'show me the
> site as at one year ago', and all the links you followed where like that. A
> local archive.org or something :)

I'm planning to add options to ?action=diff and ?action=browse that allow
you to specify "show changes only since xxx date" (useful for resolving
conflicts in simultaneous edits) and "show the version of the page on
xxx date".  Since adding the new Patch() function these are nearly trivial
and safe to implement.

I am going to change Jan's date scheme somewhat to use year-month-day
instead of the format Jan proposed--there's too much confusion between
U.S. (which normally does month-day-year) and European (day-month-year)
standards.