[Pmwiki-users] Re: New link markup -- using [[...]] or ((...))

Christian Ridderström chr
Mon Jun 14 03:32:35 CDT 2004

On Mon, 14 Jun 2004, Robin wrote:

> On Monday 14 June 2004 20:56, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> I like [[...]], but I'm on a US keyboard where it is even easier to type than
> ((...)).

Oh, that's right... you don't even need shift do you?

Off-topic: Isn't that kind of weird... how often is '[' and ']' used in
normal text?

> However, I also see the merit for not ruling out non-US keyboards (I
> find playing some games quite tricky on my dvorak keyboard). Perhaps a simple
> config.php option '$UseParenthesisLinks=1' turns all the [[...]] markup into
> ((...)), and could be turned on depending on the general demographic of the
> wiki.

Hmm... I'm not sure that's such a good idea. Imagnine the confusion on
this list if people as for help and are using a different markup style for
something as basic as this...

/Christian