[Pmwiki-users] Renaming pages (was: Organization of pages)

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Jun 13 16:18:34 CDT 2004

On Sun, 13 Jun 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Sun, Jun 13, 2004 at 11:03:36AM +0200, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> >
> > In order to move a page (i.e. make it accessable under a different URI),
> > I edit the original page, copy the source and paste it into the new page.
> > The drawback is that I loose all history. An alternative is of course to
> > create a new page that does an [[include:...] of the old page, but then
> > I've got duplicates in the namespace.
>
> You can also simply rename the page in the filesystem, and then set
> a redirect from the old location to the new one.  This preserves the
> page history.

Of course, but that procedure assumes you have at least ftp access.
AFAIK, I don't have that in general, nor at pmwiki.org.

Is there a special reason why there's no ?action=rename available by
default that does the above? (I think John's PageRename only works
within a group, but I'm not sure)

/Christian