[Pmwiki-users] Re: meaning of §

Nils Knappmeier nk
Fri Jun 11 05:28:03 CDT 2004

>According to The Elements of Typographic Style, it means section
>and is "the scribal form of double s, now used chiefly with
>reference to legal codes and statutes, when citing particular
>sections for reference" and ?? means sections.
>
>So it /could/ be that "??something...??" means "link to
>something on this page" (or it could be an elegant solution
>looking for a problem).

I've looked at an english keyboard here and I couldn't find the
character. Is it on there somewhere?
Because if it isn't, we shouldn't use it ;-)

Nils

>>/Christian
>>
>>--
>>Christian Ridderstr?m
>>http://www.md.kth.se/~chr

home: http://www.dike.de/~nknapp
icq: 11786572

The great thing about being the only species that makes
a distinction between right and wrong is that we can
make up the rules for ourselves as we go along.

Douglas Adams, Last Chance To See...