[Pmwiki-users] Re: PmWiki development

Serge Stinckwich Serge.Stinckwich
Thu Jun 10 13:30:13 CDT 2004

Patrick R. Michaud a ?crit :
> On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 07:43:31PM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:
>
>>There was a lot of talk a while ago about introducing (some form) of
>>user authentication.  Just wondering if you'd given any thought to that
>>in this new design.  Where does that rank on the Development list? (eg.
>>High, Med. Low?)
>

> I haven't given it much thought, simply because I still haven't come
> up with any good ideas about how to control authorization (determining
> what actions a user is allowed to perform and where) after a user has
> been authenticated.
>
> I can come up with simplistic systems such as "limit edits to
> authenticated users" and "always allow authenticated users to
> perform actions X,Y,Z", but once we get into things such as
> access control lists with "allow users A, B, and C to edit
> pages D and E; allow users A and C but not H to edit groups
> F and G; etc." then I'm at a loss as to how to make a simple
> interface for maintaining the access control lists.
>
> This is another one of those cases where it would help tremendously
> to have a real-world example of what is needed, rather than to
> try to guess based on what is possible.

Hi,

did you look at the MoinMoin AccessControlList authentification
mechanism ? This is nicely described here :

http://moinmaster.wikiwikiweb.de/HelpOnAccessControlLists

I think it's very WikiWayLike and nicely customizable for many
authentification scenario.

--
Serge Stinckwich                                         -< )
Universit? de Caen>CNRS UMR 6072>GREYC>MAD                /~\