[Pmwiki-users] Re: Re: Re: Pmwiki new version

Christian Ridderström chr
Wed Jun 9 17:27:07 CDT 2004

On Wed, 9 Jun 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> Do things get better at all if we choose a second character (to
> replace ':') that doesn't require shifting?    Or how about a leading
> character that can be entered without AltGr, or perhaps uses shift?

The swedish alphabet has more characters than the english, so we naturally
have to use shifting more often (especially when programming...). I
suspect finding a combination that avoids any kind of shift is difficult.

Using no shift at all:

	??	- I never use this symbol, don't even know it's purpose
	<<	- Already used (and '>' requires shift of course)
	++	- Maybe?

Using shift and pressing the same key twice:

	``..``	- I never use this combination
	!!	- Already used
	##	- Already used
	%%	- Already used
	&&	- Available?
	//	- Too common I suspect
	((..))	- Clashes with math?
	^^	- Already used?

I'm not sure if any of the above is useful though.

/Christian