[Pmwiki-users] Linebreak with '\\' bug

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jun 9 16:36:42 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 11:11:55PM -0700, Steven Leite wrote:

> How about going with the new-line equals line-break for this version
> 2.0, and if someone wants to define, or continue to use the 'old'
> method, then they can make that customization in the config.php.

Nope.  After looking at a lot of other markups, I'm going to continue
to leave linebreaks with their existing meanings.  However, I'm
also likely to provide a directive to switch between the two meaningswithin
pages, as well as a way to do it from a config file.

Regardless of what we decide, we always need a markup that does the
equivalent of <br clear='all' />  .  Although I'll admit it could just
be a directive, such as [:br:].