[Pmwiki-users] Re: Pmwiki new version

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Wed Jun 9 08:13:51 CDT 2004

On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 06:44:01AM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> On Wed, Jun 09, 2004 at 10:33:21AM +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> > &&directive value&&
> > ~~directive value~~
> >
> > hm. I don't like those - they look too much like "normal" inline markup.
> > In fact having no idea how to do it better made me shut up after noting
> > that replacing [: would make me feel more comfortable
>
> I'm not sure I completely follow the last part of this--could you
> clarify?

While going through the MarkupMasterIndex of the new engine I remembered
that I always thought that [: and {$ are similar as both have to do with
the wiki engine. My idea was to find a markup for the task "pmwiki
variables and directives", but since I did not find a personal solution
I just kept that in my mind until the discussion started here :)

> > We could go a little more into coding style and use
> > {$variable}
> > {#directive param}
>
> {#directive param} looks okay, although it would mean that parameters
> such as titles could not easily contain a '}', and I don't know that
> it's any easier to type than [:directive param:].

{$variable$}, {#directive param#}

I am just brainstorming though. All those are similar to [: and the only
reason for me to change those was the one I discussed above as I feel [
are more reserved for links. And since free links in the old form got
obsolete (though being able to be used still) my idea was to use { for
"pmwiki variables and directives".

     Balu