[Pmwiki-users] More anti-spam ideas

Thomas -Balu- Walter list+pmwiki-users
Mon Jun 7 06:23:51 CDT 2004

On Mon, Jun 07, 2004 at 01:38:19PM +0200, Gregory Watts wrote:
> Problem is to have a list of valid/invalid urls.
>
> To avoid a spam url, maybe we could use a redirection script: Each url
> to an external link may be replaced (url and text) by a standard
> redirection script (ex: http://mywiki.domain/redirect.php?url=12345)
>
> Then each of those links can appear on a single page for the site
> administrator which then could authorize the url to appear clearly with
> the text provided by th user?

The redirect script could automatically redirect to approved pages or
just print the URL (unlinked) with a little note why the URL is not
automatically redirected. People could copy and paste it (hm) to
follow the link. The unlinked URL does not increase a spammers page
rank, does it?

Another idea is to make that redirectors-page not be indexed by search
engines if you want to link the printed URL (which is more user friendly
than cutnpaste).

     Balu