[Pmwiki-users] Re: PmWiki development

Konstantin Zadorozhny kzadorozhny
Sun Jun 6 23:42:27 CDT 2004

Hello, Patrick!
You wrote  on Sun, 6 Jun 2004 16:36:48 -0600:

 PRM>   - Page storage database is modular and can be customized to use
 PRM> other
 PRM>     storage formats or systems (e.g., MySQL)

What I'd like to see addressed that is better non Latin based languages
support. Cyrillic for example, right now is the problem. Url's as I
understand are not encoded anyhow. What will be helpful is separate
definition of storage encoding and display locales with all necessary
decoding provided by default, not by some hacking as it is right now. Also
that will help to create multilanguage wiki. Right now even if UTF-8 used
all those preg_ functions just screws all non Latin symbols big time.

I just like to see those miltilanguage problems taked into account in new
code refactoring.

With best regards, Konstantin Zadorozhny.