[Pmwiki-users] RSS feed - HTML markup

Constantin Basturea cbasturea
Wed Jun 2 21:59:22 CDT 2004

I maintain a directory of resources, with a lot of links and frequent updates.

Since many people are reading the wiki page in their RSS newsreaders,
a full-text RSS feed of the page(s), with functional links, would be
very helpful. The current output includes just the text of the page,
stripped off of any HTML markup, so there are no links and no
structure for the page (titles, paragraphs, bullets, etc.)

I know there's at least a wiki that transforms wiki formatting into
HTML markup in the RSS feed, and I was wondering if it would be
possible to have this feature in PmWiki.

To be clearer, here's a snapshot of the two types of RSS feeds:

@ produced by PmWimi (no HTML tags):
http://www.thenewpr.com/rss_by_PmWiki.txt

@ produced by Socialtext Workspace (with HTML tags):
http://www.thenewpr.com/rss_by_Socialtext_Workspace.txt