[Pmwiki-users] Nested pages/groups

J. Perkins jason
Wed Jun 2 08:41:43 CDT 2004

Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> While I don't know how/if I'll support the group naming scheme, I'm
> already working on extensions to allow other characters in page names.

Great!

>> I extended the Group/Page syntax to full paths. Instead of "groups", a
>>  page may have children, analogous to a directory containing
>> subdirectories.
>
> How does one refer to a page under a different path, or a page several
> levels up the hierarchy?

A path from the top of the wiki starts with a '/'. Of course, this is
arbitrary and chosen only because some people may be familiar with that
convention already.

  /HomePage/API Documentation/MyNamespace/MyClass

To go up the hierarchy use ".."

  ../MyNamespace/AnotherClass

I realize this is a really big change from the way PmWiki works now.
Perhaps a better request would be for a way to "plug in" a new page
resolver? That is, something that translates wiki links into file names.

Jason