[Pmwiki-users] Can I import the local user and password to pmwiki?

Ciaran ciaranj
Thu Jul 29 00:17:04 CDT 2004

I don't think thats what Weirong was really asking, he was asking
about the posibility of integrating the underlying passwording system
of th Operating system into PmWiki . On a personal level I think this
could be very handy, especially if it was to work with something like
PAM, which could in term work on both a Domain server or a linux box.
However to my knowledge PmWiki does not support user-level
authentication.  It *only* provides group level authentication, i.e.
an admin group, a read group, and edit group etc.  Sorry Weirong, Not
sure if PmWiki 2 does though?
- ciaran

On Wed, 28 Jul 2004 19:00:28 -0400, Kass Lloyd <kasslloyd at gmail.com> wrote:
> Just add "?action=crypt" to the end of one of your pmwiki pages, then
> enter in the password you want your users to use. Then in your
> config.php set the password to the encrypted string it gives you.
>
> Kass
>

> --

- Ciaran
http://www.wombatinvasion.com/ (Share the love)