[Pmwiki-users] link icons

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Fri Jul 23 14:31:27 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 09:06:50PM +0200, Thomas -Balu- Walter wrote:
> On Thu, Jul 22, 2004 at 09:57:41PM -0600, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > > But only the ? is a link?  Give the user a bigger target to aim at and
> > > make the whole text a link.  Making the link to create a page so small
> > > doesn't exactly encourage authors :-)
> >
> > Excellent point.  Comments from others?
>
> Exactly my point.
>
> I'd also go for a completely linked phrase, marked somehow that it is
> something special. I am not sure which of the existing ones I liked, so
> I've added
>
> Superscripted '+' to specify "needs to be added", entire phrase linked.

I like it sort of.   What about a superscripted + on both sides of the
text?

> I don't like the "bracketed ones" either using angle quotes or floor
> brackets or similar, because they stop my reading.

Really? Why is that?  I like the guillemets and other delimiters as
they are visually distinct even when the user has done something
foolish with their preferences.  :-)  (Rally the admins! Thwart the
users!  ;-)

> I have a similar problem with the faint box around the link. Though not
> as bad :).

The faint boxes seem to bother me too, though the floor brackets are
fine.

> An additional suggestion is to add a title to those links specifying
> that the page needs to be created.

Yes, that would be nice.

-Scott
--