[Pmwiki-users] Re-entering passwords in PmWiki

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jul 23 11:30:06 CDT 2004

On Fri, Jul 23, 2004 at 05:45:43PM +0200, Verena Becker wrote:
> [...]  But when he has finished
> editing and then clicks on 'Save' he is prompted for the read password
> again, although he already entered that password at the beginning of
> browsing the wiki. Is that a wanted effect or am I doing anything wrong?

It's a known bug that has been mentioned a couple of times before.  I'm
working on a fix using PHP sessions.

Which brings up a good topic -- if we're going to have to be using PHP
sessions anyway, is there any real reason to keep Basic HTTP
authentication as the default for PmWiki?  There are enough systems
around that don't support HTTP authentication in PHP that it might be
worth defaulting to session-based authentication in the distribution
and leaving HTTP Basic authentication as a configurable option.
Comments?