[Pmwiki-users] Re: page draft tryout

John Rankin john.rankin
Sat Jul 17 22:44:22 CDT 2004

On Sunday, 18 July 2004 8:08 AM, J. Meijer <commentgg at hotmail.com> wrote:

>I think once a draft exists, the save-to-draft capability should be
>disabled. In effect only one user at a time can use the draft feature. In a
>more professional environment there will be persons responsible for the
>content of a page. These persons can use (=collaborate on) the draft, others
>can't.
>
>So the solution may be to disable drafts for unauthorized authors. This will
>probably conflict with the current authorization scheme.

This may be do-able through the current password scheme. For example,
suppose you want some people editing, but restricted saving. A check in
config.php along these lines should do it:

     if ($preview) $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('59rodney');
     if (@$_POST['post']) $DefaultPasswords['edit'] = crypt('3ngaio');

I haven't tested this.

>Alternatively, coloring of the link or background has my preference, f.e.:
>  red          => page does not exist
>  yellow      => draft exist (original may not exist)
>No other colors would be needed. The current '?' can stay the way it is,
>providing a link to edit.

Nice. That should be do-able; I'll give it a try. I think maybe just
highlight the page name yellow if a draft exists, then it's just 1 colour.

>One thing I thoroughly don't understand (read appreciate) is that the page
>content does not center in the browser window, is this necessity? Just
>curious.

3 reasons:
- I designed it for use with an 800 by 600 projector

- it follows the left align convention of the bookmark and tab bars
  in Safari

- I simply didn't think of centering it -- it would probably look better
  centred on a higher resolution display

--
JR