[Pmwiki-users] Plug-in Compatibility Issues . . .

Ben Wilson pmwiki
Fri Jul 16 14:00:06 CDT 2004

I suppose the discussion group has moved into an area of resolving
conflicts in the various plug-ins. I've noticed that two or three that I
am interested in using share function names but with different
behaviors. As I interpret this, that's why there's a move to OO for
PmWiki 2.0.

But, I do have a request. Prepend all of the functions uniquely used by
your plug-in with something to prevent clashes. Or, use OO to hid the
distinction. I've used the first solution when I find that two plug-ins
are at odds with one another.

I also hope that a well-reasoned approach to plug-ins can be decided on
so that when 2.0. is out we can expect no extreme changes after. The
reason I ditched Drupal is that every minor release risked breaking
modules; in once case all my modules and themes were ruined by an
arbitrary design change--in a minor release!

Is there any way to see the developing 2.0?

--
Regards,
Ben

Antiquis temporibus, nati tibi similes in rupibus ventosissimis
exponebantur ad necem.