[Pmwiki-users] Demo Autosave on Preview

chr@home.se chr
Fri Jul 16 03:06:36 CDT 2004

On 16 Jul 2004, John Rankin wrote:

> Definitely time for some of the others who thought this was a good
> idea to test it. I think it may have become too complex.

> Test site is at:
> >> http://intranet.affinity.co.nz/wiki/DraftWP/Purpose

You should send a separate mail soliciting comments.. this thread has
become rather long so I suspect people don't read it.

> I have changed the notation:
>
>     ?        create new page
>     ¿ view new page draft
>     !        view existing page draft
>     ¡  view original page

I wonder if 'view new page draft' could be confusing (difficult to
interpret properly). Here's a slightly long suggestion but hopefully
easier to understand for someone new to this:

     ?        create new page
     ¿ view draft of new page
     !        view original page
     ¡  view draft of existing page

> So an inverted symbol always refers to a draft action.

Um... shouldn't ¡ be mapped to 'view draft of existing page' then?
I think that's how you've implemented it, so I assume it's merely a typo
above.

Anyway, it's time for user feedback. Btw, I hope the spanish don't mind us
using their symbols in this way -- I have no idea what they really mean.

> I have put a   between the 'draft' and − and made
> 'draft' <small>

Ok, that looks better -- still feels kind of weird with '! draft -'

> So to achieve this effect:
>
> 	DraftWP
> 	Wiki Sandbox !
> 	Draft: [Delete]

It's probably better to wait for opinions from other users on what seems
intutive to them, than for us to fix problems that maybe doesn't exist.

> [about using 'reset' as delete draft]

> Easy for /you/ to say. I had been trying to keep this a non-invasive
> plug-in. This would go to the heart of the edit form processing.
> Before I embark on this, is it /really/ essential?

No, I don't think so.

[snip]
> [about hook class]

> I'll have a look, but I'm a bit wary of adding more complexity. It
> would be nice if this 'just worked' with a standard install and most
> local customisations. But I'll see what I can do.

Maybe we should simply ask Patrick to incorporate a hook object into the
standard pmwiki, so that plugins can make things happen after other stuff
has been configured.  I'll send a separate e-mail to Patrick about this.

/Christian

--
Christian Ridderstr?m, +46-8-768 39 44               http://www.md.kth.se/~chr