[Pmwiki-users] programming question: window id

Steven Leite steven_leite
Wed Jul 7 23:42:30 CDT 2004

> The key is to get hold of some unique identifier of the browser
> window. Is there something available in the superglobals? Or do I
> need to extract it at the client with JavaScript? Would it be
> possible to also get the id of the window the current was forked
> from, so its history can be passed on?
>
> Help much appreciated; I'll share the final code :-)

Well, it seems to me the easiest way would be to store a cookie on the
user's computer to store all that information, and make it expire after
some time.  That would take care of your multiple window and session
problem at least.

And as much as people don't like cookies (?) I think they're here to
stay.

-S