[Pmwiki-users] german pmwiki documentation translation: how to contribute

Christian Bartolomaeus bartolin
Mon Jul 5 14:31:49 CDT 2004

Hi,

since this is my first post on this list, above all I want to thank
you for this great piece of software. I started to use PmWiki just a
few weeks ago but I'm quite impressed already.

I'm going to use PmWiki for an online 'meeting place' for former and
current students of one study. Since among those are quite a lot who
are (still) not familiar with Wikis, I'd like to give them as much
german documentation as possible.

Reading through the archives I found some mails (from Knut, Albi and
Patrick) about german docs. Also I found
http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/DiscussionTranslations and some
already translated documentation pages.

What I'm not sure about is how I can contribute to the translation.

- Am I right assuming, that translated pages under
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/ will become part of the
  i18n.tgz 'packet'?

- Is this language support package updated regularly from
  http://www.pmwiki.org/wiki/PmWikiDe/?

- Is someone checking the translations before adding them to i18n.tgz?

- Would it, thus, be senseful to add my translations to www.pmwiki.org
  instead of just translating my local documentation pages?

Thanks for an enlightenment!

Christian Bartolomaeus