[Pmwiki-users] newbe question about $PageHeaderFmt

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Thu Jul 1 15:46:50 CDT 2004

On Thu, Jul 01, 2004 at 10:46:22PM +0200, Marc wrote:
> Hi,
> The $PageTemplateFmt = in the Groupname.php file is properly taken to
> do this template per group.
> However, I dont understand why a line as below will not show up.
>
> $PageHeaderFmt = '<h1>TEST</h1><hr />';
>
> I expected it to be shown at the position where the
> <!--PageHeaderFmt--> comment is in the template.

A reasonable confusion.  Actually, <!--PageHeaderFmt--> in the
template says that everything that follows (up to the next section
marker) is to be stored in $PageHeaderFmt, overwriting what you
had already done.  It's really there so that PmWiki knows what part
of the template to suppress when the [[noheader]] directive is given.

If you want to have something appear at a certain position within
a template, just define a new variable, say, $MyHeader, and then put
$MyHeader in the template where you want the contents of that variable
to appear.