[Pmwiki-users] accented characters

JCG wiki
Sat Jan 31 08:36:46 CST 2004

Hi,

Accented letters and diacritic characters within WikiWords would be  is a great idea, but IDN being not yet implemented, I cannot see how we can properly transmit the URL of such a page?

Have a look  at  http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php/I18N/HomePage

A properly understood French name for a page (par PmWiki) results in a fatal error when we copy its address!

Furthermore, because of a poor MIME gateway (or whatever!) between mail servers, I am not even sure that the totally invented page name  ?lh?Co?tAmbig?  will survive this mail transmission : in that case the only way to see the name would inside another wiki page, which may prove improductive...

JCG