[Pmwiki-users] PHP version < 4.1

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 30 10:39:06 CST 2004

Is anyone out there using PmWiki with a version of PHP earlier than
4.1.0?  For the PmWiki 0.6.0 release I'm thinking about making PHP 4.1.0
a minimum requirement--this will allow me to remove some sections of PmWiki
code that provide compatibility in PHP 4.0, and take advantage of some
optimizations and constructs that became available in PHP 4.1.0.

Most web hosting organizations and systems I've encountered lately are
running 4.3.x versions of PHP.  I'm going to assume that changing PmWiki's
minimum requirements to PHP 4.1.0 is okay unless I hear otherwise.
Also, by way of reference, PHP 4.1.0 was released in December, 2001;
the current version is PHP 4.3.4.