[Pmwiki-users] Non-english testers of upload code wanted

Christian Ridderström chr
Fri Jan 30 10:17:22 CST 2004

Hi

I think I've fixed the problem mentioned below, but I'd be grateful if
people using different kinds of browsers could go to this page:

  http://www.lyx.org/~chr/demo/pmwiki.php?pagename=Upload.NonEnglishCharacters

and first check that the links to the attached fileswork, and then add
a note the result here:

   http://www.lyx.org/~chr/demo/pmwiki.php?pagename=Upload.DiscussionForum

or simply e-mail me (or send it to this list).

Also feel free to add other examples of filenames using non-english
characters (since I'm Swedish, I've only tested '???').

/Christian

On Fri, 30 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> For example, on the www.lyx.org site I went to
>    http://www.lyx.org/~chr/demo/pmwiki.php?pagename=Upload.NonEnglishCharacters
> and the links for Attach:?.txt and Attach:?/aFile.txt don't work with
> Internet Explorer.  I get URIs that read
>       http://www.lyx.org/~chr/demo/uploads/Upload%2F%E5.txt
> and   http://www.lyx.org/~chr/demo/uploads/Upload%2F%E5%2FaFile.txt
>
> both of which return 404 Not Found errors from apache.

The problem Patrick describes above has now been fixed by using '/'
instead of %2F. Shouldn't using %2F work btw?

--
http://www.md.kth.se/~chr