[Pmwiki-users] feat request: plain(er) text in source files

Lloyd Budd lloyd
Wed Jan 28 07:55:19 CST 2004

I cannot recall if I have mentioned this previously -- I do not believe
so.  I also cannot find anyone else bringing this up in , and I also
checked 0.6 beta.

One of the uses I am wanting to use PMWiki for is as a PIM system.  It
would suit my purposes much better , and be a more robust solution if
'text=' was more WYSIWYG.  I think my only bother is the lack of line
fields in the 'source'.

Example:

text=This is the default HomePage for a new PmWiki/PmWiki installation.
  If you're reading this screen, then the PmWiki/PmWiki software is
probably set up correctly.??Here are some useful default pages
installed along with the PmWiki/PmWiki software:?*

I imagine that this was a design decision that simplifies parsing.

Still there are characters , or tokens that can be used to delimit the
'text='.

Thank you for your consideration,
Lloyd