[Pmwiki-users] 0.6-beta -- possible change to search results

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Mon Jan 26 08:19:54 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 07:20:40PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> So, now the SearchWiki page contains both a [[$Search]] markup (to
> allow people to enter search text) and a [[$Searchresults]] markup to
> display the results of the (previous) search. It is possible to put
> [[$Searchresults]] on wiki pages besides SearchWiki (the URI to the
> page has to include a ?text= parameter in order to see the results),
> and a [[$Search]] directive on another wiki page still directs people
> to SearchWiki to see the results.

If I have multiple pages with [[$SearchResults]] markup in them, is
there a wiki syntax for specifying which page I want a particular
[[$Search]] to target? E.g., for an individual [[$Search]] directive,
rather than Main/SearchWiki, perhaps I would like the user to see
Group/SearchWiki or something else entirely.

> So, comments?  Is this a better approach than the previous one?

I think so.

> I'm also thinking of adding [[$Searchresults text]], which uses "text"
> as the default string for the search if no other text is specified,
> and perhaps [[$Search text]], which pre-fills the search box with "text"
> if no text is specified.

I like it!

Here's some ideas other ideas to think about it (if this doesn't
already exist)

[[$Search:WikiPage]]		posts to WikiPage
[[$Search:Group/WikiPage]]	posts to Group/WikiPage
[[$Search:WikiPage text]]	posts to WikiPage and pre-fills input box

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at lighthouse.tamucc.edu