[Pmwiki-users] Quoting http:/.... from within code invoke by $DoubleBrackets

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jan 25 05:42:48 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 25, 2004 at 01:29:37PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> So what's the consequence for a designer of a module?
>
> Should e.g. [[$Attachlist:]] output pure HTML (protected using Keep()),
> instead of taking advantage of the PmWiki markup since that behaviour is
> undefined (and might change in the future?)

Well, it really depends.  In general, I think that anything that
produces any HTML probably should be protected via Keep() or else be
put into $InlineReplacements.  The question for a module designer
then becomes, should [[$Attachlist]] produce HTML or produce PmWiki markup?
I'd go with whatever makes more logical sense or a simpler module design.
For example, WikiTrails could have been implemented to output HTML directly,
but it just made more sense to have it generate PmWiki markup and let
the markup engine take care of it.