[Pmwiki-users] duplicate text being inserted?!?

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 23 12:23:22 CST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 09:01:55AM -0600, Jonathan Scott Duff wrote:

> I have no clues what could be causing this but perhaps your system
> has a broken diff/patch.  Or maybe the set of default options to one
> or both of those programs is different from "normal".  Or maybe your
> locale setting is somehow interfering with the output of those
> programs.  Or maybe an environment variable.

Probably none of the above--diff/patch are only used to compute
the page revisions, they don't actually alter the text that
is saved for the page in any way.  The text that is saved comes
directly from the "text" element of the Edit Page form, modified
only to convert newline characters into $Newline sequences.