[Pmwiki-users] RE: Pmwiki-users Digest, Vol 7, Issue 50

Jonathan Scott Duff duff
Fri Jan 23 11:07:12 CST 2004

On Fri, Jan 23, 2004 at 11:03:55AM -0600, Dawn Green wrote:
> I would say that number 2 is the most difficult for me to sell, not for
> others to use.  My own site is the one I use for demonstration.  But my code
> is straightforward with no tables and no complexity.  I would not show a
> potential user the code that is used on the most successful sites as it
> would be too scary looking.

That's an interesting statement given that one of the goals of pmwiki
is to be author-friendly.  But I guess domain-specific customizations
*are* friendly to those people who use them or they'd be unhappy
customers.

> Yet if that same client becomes a user, our training and help files
> for their site help them to become comforable with their "ugly markup"
> no matter how complex it becomes.

Training++

Do you ever have customers that are savvy with web technology and software
"challenge" you to accomplish something?   I.e., "I can do X in
Dreamweaver, can you do that with pmwiki?'

-Scott
--
Jonathan Scott Duff
duff at lighthouse.tamucc.edu