[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

John Rankin john.rankin
Thu Jan 22 17:25:50 CST 2004

>Um... the page I looked at already had 'SearchWiki', search form and
>go-button in the header area, but 'RecentChanges' in the title
>area.
>
>My general impression is that the current layout is a bit too wasteful
>with vertical space...  I'd like to keep the top stuff minimal
>height-wise, because it'll always be there taking vertical area away from
>you (so that you don't have to scroll more than you have to).

I agree. I found when I tried some options that it depends on wehther the
home logo looks like this

+--------------------+
|                    |
| Landscape oriented |
|                    |
+--------------------+

in which case the pmwiki layout below works well

or like this

+----------+
|          |
| Portrait |
| oriented |
|          |
|          |
|          |
+----------+

in which case something like (say)

+----------+
|          | Recent Changes                     [          ] Search
| Portrait | ......................................................
| oriented | Main /                               Printable Version
|          | Home Page                                 Page History
|          |                                              Edit Page

works better (IMO).

The lovely new pmwiki logo, being landscape, suits the layout in
the pm example.

>> I've redone the layout based on this and would appreciate
>> more review/comments:  http://www.pmichaud.com/work/beta/pmwiki.php.

JR
--
John Rankin