[Pmwiki-users] finding orphaned pages

Christian Ridderström chr
Tue Jan 20 05:58:35 CST 2004

On Mon, 19 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:

> On Mon, Jan 19, 2004 at 12:22:08PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> >
> > I'd be happy to add it as a recepy to the cookbook, but I'd appreciate
> > suggestions for a shorter name :-)
>
> It may be a short-lived cookbook recipe if I add the other functionality
> directly into 0.6...  :-)

Well, if you plan on adding this to 0.6 I'll be perfectly happy not doing
anything :-)

> > > ...  For example, an
> > > admin could specify something like:
> > >   $WikiWordSearchFmt = array('$Group.$1','$1.$1','$1.HomePage','PmWiki.$1',
> > >     'Main.$1');
> > > which would allow 'SomeWord' to match the 'SomeWord' page in the current
> > > group, 'SomeWord.SomeWord', 'SomeWord.HomePage', 'PmWiki.SomeWord',
> > > or 'Main.SomeWord', whichever is found first.
> >
> > Me like it!  (I've been thinking about similar stuff actually)
>
> Yes, I like it because it would allow some groups to be created where the
> pages in the group are available to any other group by simply using the
> wikiword name.  I've had a couple of situations where that capability would've
> been useful.

Definitely, a simple example is creating a group called 'Glossary'...

BTW, how abt calling the variable something like '$WikiWordPathPattern'
instead? Having 'Fmt' as a suffix seem wrong IMO, isn't this more like
a path for finding the source page, rathern than formatting the wikiword?

(Unless you do something like this of course:
   $WikiWordSearchFmt = array('$Group.$1' => '$Group.$1',
                              '$Group/$1' => '$1',
                              '$1.HomePage' => '$1');
 but that seems a bit like overkill)

/Christian