[Pmwiki-users] Searching for information about PmWiki

Christian Ridderström chr
Sun Jan 18 04:56:46 CST 2004

On Sun, 18 Jan 2004, bram brambring (zonnet) wrote:

> Hi,
>
> what about using site:www.pmichaud.com as part of your google query:
>
> http://www.google.com/search?num=20&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=utf-8&q=mailposts+
> pmwiki+site%3Awww.pmichaud.com+-action
>
> I exclude the keyword action as well, I wrote an mail earlier about the
> robot and action stuff.
>
> Or did I completely mis the point?

Sort of... if I only wanted information from the pmwiki pages at
pmichaud.com, I'd probably just use the pmwiki search page. Here I was
really looking for *additional* information about mailposts. One place
where I could expect to find informatino would be the mailing list :-),

/Christian

> I modified my robots.txt to exclude the pmwiki documents:
>
> DisAllow: /wiki/PmWiki

Nice tip! Oh... wait, rats... then the local additions I've made to the
PmWiki group won't be found be others...

Right now I'm using this code to preven robots from some places:

	if($action and $action!='browse' )
	  $robots="noindex,nofollow";
	else
	  $robots="index,follow";

	$HTMLTitleFmt = array ("<title>\$Titlespaced</title>",
	                       "<META CONTENT=\"$robots\" NAME=\"robots\">");

It just need to somehow check if the source of the page comes from
	wikilib.d/
and if it does, then use $robots="noindex,nofollow";

/Christian