[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sat Jan 17 20:01:47 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 18, 2004 at 02:02:51PM +1300, Robin Sheat wrote:
> On Sat, Jan 17, 2004 at 05:46:14PM -0700, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
>
> > However, resizing to the width of the page does appear to work properly in
> > IE6.
> Does it go as wide as the page, or just rearrange when it gets smaller?

It goes as wide as the page -- filling the horizontal space between the
box on the left and the right margin of the browser (less the padding
around #wikitext).  It doesn't rearrange the boxes until the window
is sized below about 700 horizontal pixels, at which point the #wikitext
jumps below #wikileft, same as in Netscape.  The tables version allows
the #wikitext box to be sized to almost nothing (the constraint becomes
the titles at the top of the page).

> If it is a standard way that works for IE and not Netscape, I could file
> a bug on the Mozilla bugzilla. Not a short term solution, I know...

I'm not familiar enough with CSS to know if Netscape's behavior is
contrary to the CSS spec or not.  I know I *wish* it would work like IE, but
the CSS spec might be ambiguous on this point or leave it to the browser
to decide...