[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Fri Jan 16 10:20:42 CST 2004

On Fri, Jan 16, 2004 at 03:17:05PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> On Thu, 15 Jan 2004, Patrick R. Michaud wrote:
> > The basic page layout is handled by tables--all of the cells described in
> > my previous message are table cells, except for "wikitext" which is a
> > attributes in them--the layout relies on the CSS to provide
> > that information.
>
> Ok, that means the 'degradation' is just because without CSS there
> are no widths. Well, then there's nothing to do about it, is there?
> (adding something like 'width=100%' to the table HTML would override the
> CSS so that the CSS couldn't be used to set the width, right?)

Right.  Oh, it could be solved by adding more options to the layout
code that enables admins to set the attributes of the individual table
cells via HTML instead of CSS...e.g., something like

    $PageLayoutAttr['wikileft'] = "width='120'";

...but somehow this approach leaves a bad taste in my mouth.  Still,
I'll put it in there if browser compatibility remains a big issue, and
an admin could easily eliminate all of the HTML attributes from the
layout (to control everything via style sheets) by simply doing

    $PageLayoutAttr = array();