[Pmwiki-users] CSS layout in pmwiki-0.6

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Wed Jan 14 15:25:03 CST 2004

On Wed, Jan 14, 2004 at 02:14:46PM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:
> I just thought I'd bring up the issue that the page will rely heavily on
> the css file using the new layout.
> Since I'm using Opera, I can easily switch between CSS-files by pressing
> ctrl-g (this is very useful for sites with small/crappy fonts etc).
> The attached screenshot shows what it looks like when I've done that.
> [...]
> So maybe we should rely a little bit less on CSS? I don't know...

I'm very open to comments and suggestions on this.  I know that
CSS-based layouts are getting a ton of use among the PmWiki community
(FlexLayout gets mentioned quite a bit), so I was trying to integrate
a lot of those features directly into the PmWiki distribution to meet
that demand.  But if it comes at too high a cost to usability by end
users, then perhaps we should rely less on CSS--I dunno.  I just don't
have a good feel for what constitutes "best practice" with browser
compatibility at the moment.  :-(

On the other hand, the CSS scheme I'm currently using in the 0.6 beta
appears to have a lot of flexibility... :-)