[Pmwiki-users] Another interlink-pattern issue

Patrick R. Michaud pmichaud
Sun Jan 11 09:16:04 CST 2004

On Sun, Jan 11, 2004 at 09:56:23AM +0100, Christian Ridderstr?m wrote:

> > I'm not sure what sorts of disturbances you've been seeing; I haven't
> > been running *that* many tests!
>
> The site often becomes "sluggish" in general a few hours after 23:00 or
> so, but yesterday pmichaud.com stopped responding for several minutes
> (maybe 15 minutes?) while I was working with it. (thank god for being able
> to use a separate editor).

It's probably something on my web hosting provider; I doubt it's anything
with PmWiki itself.

> Would you like me to make to "take notes" on this, e.g. when it happens
> and what the symptoms are?  A very easy thing for me to do would be:
> 	$ wget www.pmichaud.com/wiki?action=diag
> and simply mail that file to you together with a note on the problem is.
> (This won't work if it's completely down off course).

That'd be cool.

> Btw, the output of 'diag' really should have date/time information,
> including time zone, of when the page was created.

It does, albeit not in a form that the average programmer can read.  The
$Now variable says exactly what time the page was output, regardless of
timezone.

> Have you ever written a script for uploading a file to a pmwiki site?
> I assume wget could be used for that, but I've never tried to do it.

...ummm, what exactly do you mean by "uploading a file to a pmwiki site"?
You mean instead of using a browser to do it?  No, I haven't done that
yet, but it could likely be done using a perl script along the lines of
"pmwe".  I don't know that wget(1) is smart enough to know about
multipart/form-data posts.

Whenever I want to place a file in the upload area and bypass the pmwiki
scripts, I just use scp(1) or secure FTP.